Klok Advisory provides commercial development expertise…
Sam Sangster Managing Director
Sam is an experienced CEO/leader and trusted advisor with a rare combination of major government precinct, property and infrastructure delivery leadership and significant private sector commercial experience. He has highly regarded insights in managing political risk whilst balancing public policy outcomes, public value maximisation and commercial returns to deliver private sector investment in public-private ventures.
Sam is a well known infrastructure delivery leader, with an enviable reputation for achieving outcomes in complex and ambiguous arenas. As Managing Director at Klok Advisory, he personally leads the development of precinct masterplans, complex transactions procuring large infrastructure and precinct/property development projects, facilitating private sector capital investment in (social infrastructure) projects, develops organisational and bespoke government engagement strategies, and advises on commercial structuring for infrastructure transactions. He is particularly renowned for his expertise in precinct developments and commercial structuring for social infrastructure projects.
Some signature Klok Advisory projects include:
- Sydney Harbour Federation Trust – development of commercially-focussed masterplan for Cockatoo Island, including preparation of detailed development feasibilities, stakeholder engagement and communications
- St Vincent’s Lismore/Diocese of Lismore – commercial advice on substantial health development opportunity and strategic options for ongoing operational business ownership
- University of NSW – Randwick health & education precinct development strategy and subsequently leading procurement of capital and delivery partner for Health Translation Hub – sourcing private capital for 35,000m2/A$600m research complex
- Victoria University – Footscray health education & jobs precinct development strategy, development feasibility, business case construction, commercial negotiations with private hospital operator, shaping go-to-market approach for circa 30,000m2/$0.5b development and leading procurement of private sector partner and investors for the development
- NSW Health / University of Sydney – Camperdown Health & Education Precinct vision, biotech investment attraction strategy, commercial framework & marketing strategy, strategy & developing and implementing governance structures. Subsequently led the development and execution of the market-sourcing process, and assisted with development of business case to secure $143.3m of NSW Government funding
- South Australian Government – independent member of Project Steering Committee for ~$3 billion Women’s & Children’s Hospital, and led site selection and cost/design reviews following election of new government in 2022
- Infrastructure Australia – developed national policy positions for social infrastructure and fast-growing cities as core elements of the 2021 Australian Infrastructure Plan (released Sept 2021)
He holds formal qualifications as a lawyer, accountant and company director and has extensive senior executive experience with some of Australia’s leading ASX listed companies and in several state government delivery organisations.
When Sam gets time away from work
Sam is an avid and active scuba diving instructor . He is also a published sports, architecture and cityscape photographer and is passionate about the inclusion of arts and culture into infrastructure and property projects. Sam is also a very keen follower of Australian Rules Football.
Adrian has significant experience delivering substantial property developments, corporate strategies, mergers & acquisition transactions, corporate finance transactions and infrastructure project delivery working for clients including AON, Ausdrill, Blackstone, Boston Consulting Group, CPB Contractors, Cushman & Wakefield, Dexus, John Holland , McMahon Holdings, Leighton Holdings, Pioneer International, Place Management NSW, Rawson Homes, Saipem, Stockland, Walmart China
He has led very significant property developments across commercial, industrial, retail and residential sectors in Australia and China, infrastructure projects in Australia and Israel and significant corporate financing transactions across the globe.
Adrian is a chartered professional engineer, holds a MBA from Imperial College London, and is a board member of Hammond Care.
Client Services Manager
Kristy has helped a range of businesses thrive and grow, with an outstanding focus on customer service and can-do approach. She is highly experienced in working with business leaders and Boards and in ensuring business operations and events run seamlessly.
Originally trained as a nurse and having spent time working in palliative care nursing, Kristy brings great affinity to the work Klok Advisory does in the health and hospital sector.
Klok Advisory maintains a small cadre of highly credentialed and experienced affiliates who act and operate as part of an integrated Klok team. We engage the right affiliates for each project, optimising skills and value for our clients. Many of these affiliates have worked with our Principal for more than 10 years in delivering transactions, projects and strategies.
Key skills of our affiliates include:
- financial structuring and advisory services
- feasibility development and financial analysis
- value assessment, value capture and value management
- data analytics
- strategic analysis and insights
- stakeholder communications & engagement